Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Surgery Update

My Dad had surgery yesterday. It lasted about 6 hours. In the morning when my Mom met with the doctors it sounded more involved than they had let on the previous Thursday. Then once they were 4 hours into it they called her and told her that the tumor was larger than they had expected and difficult to reach but they had gotten it out. They said it was difficult and they would be another 2 hours.
In the end, they removed over 90% of his stomach, his entire spleen and gal bladder and part of his pancreas. They have sedated him and will keep him that way all Tuesday. He is in ICU at UW Med hospital. They are watching him closley now, hoping to avoid any infections. He is scheduled to remain there for at least 3 weeks. My brother Spencer is there with my Mom now. My sister Melanie and her husband will be there this weekend. My aunts and uncle will be rotating through to help out. At this time we would appreciate your prayers. Thanks for your kind inquiries; I'll try to keep this blog up to date on his progress.

No comments: