Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dedication to The Lord

When I think of all the things I have learned from my father growing up, I can't help but think of his never ending service to The Lord, and his seemingly never ending source of energy to work. One of the times that stands out the most to me is from right before his brain surgery. He had been in severe pain for about a week leading up to the surgery, and had even tried to go back to work one day, but vomited shortly after arriving from the pain. I remember rubbing his back and neck to try and help him relax at night, and I have never felt anything like it. Every muscle in his body seemed to be in one huge knot and extremely tight. It was amidst all this pain that I remember him one night coming down from his room because he needed to make some phone calls for his church calling at the time. For some reason this image of him humbly making phone calls for The Lord, while in extreme agony, with the person on the other side of the phone never having any clue, (because he never let on while talking with them) has never left my mind. I know I will never forget that image for the rest of my life, and his determination to serve our Father in Heaven at all costs, will for ever be an example to me.

No comments: