Friday, October 24, 2008

My Dad's cancer

For those of you hearing for the first time that my Dad has cancer, let me give you just a few details. In July of 2008 they found a large mass in his stomach. Since that time, they have determined that it is a chondrosarcoma. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are not very effective in treating this type of cancer. The normal course of action is to surgically remove the tumor. My Dad will have surgery on Monday, Oct. 27, 2008 to remove this tumor. We are hoping all will go well and would appreciate your prayers on his behalf. He should be in the hospital for 8-10 days and then continue his recovery at home for the next few months. It looks like some of his family will be traveling to WA to help my Mom in caring for him. That's about all the information we have at this time and just continue to pray that all will be as the Lord has planned for Him.

No comments: