Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Here's to you, Floyd

My son, Anthony, met and married "Pammy" Rowe, and I was so happy that he found someone as sweet and caring as she was. In the process of their relationship, I also had the pleasure of getting to know Floyd and Jeanie, and I immediately knew where Pam got her wonderful traits from. She had caring parents who instilled their gentleness, kindness, patience, and the love of God into her persona; such was the result of these parents who took the time to really raise their five children.

In Floyd, this gentle man, I could see that he truly loved his family so much, his children, his wife, his Lord; and again, I was so happy that my son was included in their family. (Floyd even plays horsey with my grandsons, which I do not have the patience for. They love him dearly, as do I for caring so much for them.)

Though it has been hard to stand back and watch Floyd go through so much these last few years, in my heart of hearts, I knew that all the goodness he has done here, as well as his suffering, have earned him rewards beyond imagination.

So here's to you, Floyd, a wonderful, caring, God loving parent, and grandparent. You are an example and an inspiration to all who have come to know you. My prayers are with you.

Liz Keliinoi

No comments: