Sunday, October 26, 2008

Computer Genius

It's funny what memories flash before you when prompted to think...when invited to share a memory of Floyd, instantly my introduction to computers came to mind. Back in 1990, just after we had moved into our new home and Daniel was a newborn, I began thinking of the potential part computers would play in our children's lives. Articles popped up often about how computers were the way of the future and that computer skills would be mandatory for future jobs and occupations. I figured they would also hit the schools. In very short time, Floyd and I were having frequent conversations about that, and I came to the conclusion that it would be a good thing to learn, despite Lance and Ben's lack of enthusiasm for a new electronic device of dubious value. The real truth be known tho, computers were being introduced into the family history world--that was reason enough for me!!
Despite my best efforts to learn about computers, their RAM, hard drive, etc. I didn't quite see the picture, so I went to Floyd for help in selecting the computer that would serve us best. THIS is what I remember best....he told me to spend the extra money and get the most RAM I could....and if I could get 25 MB I would be set for quite a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I did--and it did, and I laugh every time I think of my computer now having 250 GB!!! We've come a long way, baby!!

No comments: