Friday, October 24, 2008

Fi, Fie, Foe, Fum...

Okay so a cute little story about my kids. We were in the car driving around town the other day and Hyrum and Gabe were playing a game guessing what sounds the other was making. Gabe was making the sounds: "Meow" and Hyrum was guessing: "A cat!" They continued for a while and then Gabe says "Fi, Fie, Fo, Fum..." in a scary voice. Hyrum excitedly says "Grandpa! Grandpa!" "No" Gabe says, it's not Grandpa (thinking it was just a monster). "Yes, it is!" Hyrum insists, "cause every time we play hide and seek with Grandpa he always says: Fi, Fie, Foe, Fum I smell the blood of an Englishman; be he big or be he small, I shall eat him; one and all!" At this Gabe, also excitedly, says "Oh yeah! Oh yeah, it is Grandpa!"
I sat in the front of the car and just smiled to myself so glad that my Dad takes time to play with my children. They love Grandpa and know that He loves them.

No comments: