Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Letter to Floyd

Dear Floyd -

Elder Reeve and I are serving a mission in the Korea Seoul Mission, but I wanted to send you a message to let you know of a few special memories I have of you. You always had a sweet, kind smile on your face whenever I’d see you at Church or in what our neighborhood in Redmond. The sign said it was the Bellewood North neighborhood. It was a blessing to be your neighbor for a number of years before you moved to Gig Harbor. Some of our children were in the same classes and played together. It was so lovely to move up to this new area of the country in 1980 and have such nice friends close by. We were sad when your family moved, but we were blessed to see you when you and Jeanie came up to wedding receptions or other special events.

There was one place where I saw you often that inspired and set a marvelous example for me. You and Jeanie often came to the Seattle Temple while I was serving as an ordinance worker there on Saturday nights. Your smile radiated the sweet spirit I felt as the two of you walked up to greet me. Even after your memory started being affected, you sometimes would remember my name and greet me as if we were still neighbors. I really enjoyed seeing you as friends, but it was clear that you were there to be with your true friends, Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. All could see that you LOVE the Temple and gained strength and joy from attending there to be with Them.

Love - Sister Reeve

No comments: